(289 Ratings & Reviews)


Protecting Your Rights Is Our Mission

Over 20 Years of Experience 

(562) 925-2921

Learn More about Xavier Law Firm

Have a law-related question? We have the answer. Check out these FAQs and give us a call today for more information!

A green card, also known as a Permanent Resident Card, is a type of visa that allows non-U.S. citizens to permanently live and work in the United States. Green card holders, known as Legal Permanent Residents, can freely choose their place of work and residence within the U.S., enter and leave the U.S. easily, and obtain several other benefits. For more benefits information from a qualified immigration lawyer, call (562) 219-4897.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States. This agency falls under the direction of the Department of Homeland Security and provides specific services at a federal level. For answers on the specific services provided please contact (562) 219-4897 to speak to an immigration lawyer.

Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs), or green card holders, are individuals who are legally permitted to work and live in the United States. These individuals are able to travel freely to and from the United States

Note: If you have been an LPR for more than three years, you may be eligible for citizenship. Call (562) 219-4897 to speak to the best immigration lawyer in the area.

Yes, so long as a work authorization permit is received. It should be noted that work permits must be renewed every year till the green card is obtained. To apply for a work permit or a renewal, please call (562) 219-4897 and an immigration attorney from Xavier Law Firm will be happy to assist you!

The Visa Bulletin is a document published every month by the Department of State. This document shows which green card applications are eligible to move forward and provides an estimate of how long an immigrant should expect to wait before they are eligible to apply for a green card. For more information on the Visa Bulletin, call (562) 219-4897 and speak to the best immigration attorney around.

A biometric screening, also referred to as a bio screening, is a process where USCIS gets a record of an applicant’s fingerprints and their photo. Appointments are scheduled by USCIS and the applicant is informed a few weeks in advance. The appointment form and ID must be presented on your appointment date and USCIS will do the rest. To speak to an immigration lawyer and receive further information, call (562) 219-4897.

It typically takes 2-3 years to get a green card. However, there are multiple paths to getting a green card, and approval times may vary. Remember, you can request that USCIS allow you to work while you wait for your green card to be approved. To apply for a green card, call (562) 219-4897 and an immigration attorney will guide you through the process.

Filing fees are charged by USCIS for the petition and application. Additionally, fees may be incurred should waivers, medical exams, or other federally mandated items be required. This does not include immigration attorney fees. Call (562) 219-4897 for a personalized quote.

If you are not a Legal Permanent Resident or a U.S. Citizen, your visa will determine your visit dates. The visa you qualify for depends on what country you are currently a citizen of, how long you intend to stay, and how long you have been married. To see which visa you are eligible for, please call (562) 219-4897 and an immigration lawyer will assist you!

USCIS requires this form for most family-based applications, and some employment-based applications, to show that a friend or family member is willing to accept financial responsibility for the applicant. The person who signs this form is agreeing to become a sponsor and offer financial support to the individual once they gain lawful permanent residence. Filing this form is made easier when you work with the best immigration attorney in the area. Call (562) 219-4897 to speak with one of our professionals today!

Naturalization refers to the legal process through which individuals who are not born citizens of a country can become citizens by meeting specific eligibility criteria, such as a period of lawful permanent residency, good moral character, language proficiency, and passing a citizenship test.

Citizenship is typically gained by being born within a country’s territory, or having at least one parent who is a citizen or earned by going through the process of naturalization.